地道美语:谈话禁忌话题

2019-12-05 10:11:38

Avoiding Topics in Conversation
谈话禁忌话题

Lila: Why aren’t you dating? I have so many friends who would love to go out with you.

里拉:你为什么不出去约会呢?我有很多朋友愿意和你一起出去。

George: Let’s change the subject. Talking about my love life isn’t very interesting.

乔治:我们换个话题吧。谈我的感情生活这个话题太无聊了。

Lila: But really, you’re not getting any younger and…

里拉:但是,说真的,你没有一些年轻...

George: Moving on! Have you seen any good movies lately?

乔治:换个话题!你最近没有看过什么好电影吗?

Lila: Listen, all of your friends are settling down and you don’t want to go through life alone and lonely…

里拉:听着!你所有的朋友都安定下来了,你如果不想要孤孤单单地生活的话...

George: That reminds me, didn’t you say that you were going to get another dog so that Rover isn’t lonely when you’re not home?

乔治:你说这倒是提醒了我。你不是说你要买一只狗狗,这样,当你不在家的时候,罗弗就不会孤单了?

Lila: Forget about my dog. You remember Rachel, don’t you? She just broke up with her boyfriend and she’d be perfect for you.

里拉:别说我的狗了。你还记得瑞秋吗?她刚和男朋友分手,她太适合你了。

George: Speaking of Rachel, how is her mother? Wasn’t she in the hospital?

乔治:说道瑞秋,她妈妈身体怎么样了?不是之前住院吗?

Lila: If Rachel isn’t your type, how about Amina? She has great legs and I know you’re a leg man.

里拉:如果瑞秋不适合你,安美娜怎么样?她的腿型很漂亮,我知道你是一个长腿控。

George: And now for something completely different…How is your diet coming along? Have you lost any weight yet?

乔治:现在不是那么回事了...你最近的节食计划怎么样了?你体重减下去了吗?

Lila: I don’t really want to talk about my weight.

里拉:我现在真的不想谈论我的体重。

George: But I think you’re having trouble shedding those pounds, right? I have lots of suggestions on what you can do.

乔治:但是我觉得你摆脱这些肥肉很困难。关于这方面我有很多的建议。

Lila: Anyway, as I said before, I don’t really want to talk about my diet…

里拉:但是像我刚才说的那样,我真的不想谈论我饮食的问题...

George: You need to cut out sweets if you want to lose weight. Are you eating too many sweets?

乔治:如果你想减肥的话,你就需要少吃糖果?你吃的糖果太多了吧?

Lila: That’s none of your business!

里拉:这不关你的事。

George: My sentiments exactly!

乔治:这正是我的感受啊!