劝告或建议(Advice and Suggestions)
a.You'd better stay at home.你最好呆在家里。
You'd better not go to bed so early.你最好别这么早上床睡觉。
You should /ought to study well.你应该好好学习。
We must study hard.我们必须努力学习。
You need some time.你需要些时间。
I need take No.1bus.我需要坐1路公共汽车。
b.I suggest that you(should)go right now.我建议你马上走。
Shall I do it for you?我为你做它好吗?
Shall he come to see you?要不要他来看你?
Let's go home.我们回家吧。
Why not tell me by telephone?为什么不打电话告诉我呢?
Why don't you do it?你为什么不做它?
简说:a组为规劝、劝告某人(或做某事)的常用语,b为建议的常用句式,c组为建议或请求的常用句子。
决断和坚持(Determination,Decision and Insistence)
a.I will pay you at the rate you ask.我愿意按你要求的比率付款。
I've decided to go abroad for my holiday.我已决定出国度假。
I've decided against selling the house.我已决定不卖这所房子。
I've decided for the plan.我已决定赞成这项计划。
I've made up my mind not to change my plan.我已决定不改变我的计划。
I'm determined to pay him 100dollars.我决心付给他100美元。
b.I insist on quietness.我坚持要安静。
I insisted upon her staying in London.我坚持要她呆在伦敦。
I insisted that he(should)be present.我坚持他要到场。
I insisted that he(should)come with us.我坚持他和我们来。
简说:a组为表示决心干什么的常见句式,b组为坚持要干什么的常见句式。
判断和意见(Judgement and Opinion)
a.He may be right./He's perhaps right.他可能/也许是对的。
It certainly is.当然是了。
It's correct to do it.做这件事是对的。
Well done./Good work.做得不错。/干得好。
b.I judge him to be about 40.我判定他有40来岁。
I feel as if it were going to rain.我觉得好像要下雨了。
I guess you're right.我想你是对的。
Judging from her letters,Mother seems to be feeling a lot
better.从母亲的来信判断,她似乎觉得好多了。
Judging by his accent,he must be from the
south.从他的口音判断,他一定是南方人。
It seems that you are lying.看起来你在说谎。
So far as I can judge,this car will hold six
people.依我判断,这辆车可以坐六人。
In my opinion,Americans eat a lot of meat/too much
meat.在我看来,美国人吃肉多/吃肉太多。
简说:a组为听了对方的话以后,作出的裁决、评价的常见用语。b组为作出判断和发表自己看法时的常用语。
看病(Seeing the doctor)
1 2 下一页