Server: Hello, I’m Allie and I’ll be your server today. Here’s a menu. Can I take your drink order?
服务员:你好,我是艾丽,我今天将为您服务,这里有一个菜单,请问您要喝点什么?
Joel: I’d like a glass of water with no ice.
乔尔:我要一杯不加冰的水。
Server: Sure. Will that be sparkling or still?
服务员:好的,苏打水还是蒸馏水
Joel: Uh, tap.
乔尔:额,自来水。
Server: Okay, one glass of tap water. Would you like anything else? We have soda, iced tea, lemonade...
服务员:好的,一杯自来水。还要点别的吗?我们这还有汽水,冰红茶和柠檬汁等。
Joel: I’d like a Diet Coke.
乔尔:再来一杯健怡可乐。
Server: Sure, I’ll be right back with your drinks in just one moment.
服务员:好的,我马上去把您的饮料端来。
Joel: Can you bring me a wine list?
乔尔:你能给我一张酒单吗?
Server: No problem...Here is your water and Diet Coke, and this is our wine list. Are you looking for any wine in particular? We have an extensive selection and some very fine house wines.
服务员:没问题,这是您的水和健怡可乐,这是我们的酒单。你是在找什么酒吗?我们饭店的酒品种很多,而且我们还有一些招牌酒。
Joel: I’m looking for the kind I drink at home.
乔尔:我在找我在家喝的那种酒。
Server: What label is the wine you drink at home?
服务员:你在家喝的是什么牌子的酒呢?
Joel: I don’t remember the name, but it has a very distinctive packaging.
乔尔:我不记得什么名字了,但是有一个很特别的包装。
Server: Oh, can you describe it?
服务员:额,你可以描述一下包装吗?
Joel: Sure, it’s a large white box...
乔尔:当然可以,是一个大的白色的盒子……
Server: You mean it’s a boxed wine?
服务员:你是指盒装酒?
Joel: Yes, that’s right.
乔尔:对,就是。
Server: I’m sorry. We don’t have any boxed wines.
服务员:对不起,我们这没有盒装酒。
Joel: And you call yourself a restaurant?
乔尔:那你们还称自己这是饭店啊?