地道美语:睡眠遇到问题

2019-11-27 22:23:58

Luis: So, how are the newlywedsdoing?

那么,你们这对新婚夫妇怎么样?

Stevie: Oh, we’re great. I’m just a little tired.

哦,我们很棒。我只是有点累了。

Luis: Well, that goes with the territory, right?

那和活动范围有关,对吗?

Stevie: No, that’s not what I mean. Patrick has been keeping me up with his snoring.

不,那不是我的意思。Patrick的鼾声一直让我睡不着觉。

Luis: Oh, that’s a bummer.

哦,这真是不愉快的经历。

Stevie: Yeah, it really is. I’m usually awakened soon after I fall asleep, and then I toss and turn all night. That’s not all. Patrick also talks in his sleep.

是的,这真的是。通常我睡着了或会很快惊醒,然后我辗转反侧了一夜。这还不是全部。帕特里克还说梦话。

Luis: Wow, that’s terrible. I’d make a beeline for some sleeping pills, if I were you.

哇,这太可怕了。如果我是你。我会直接吃些安眠药,

Stevie: I took some one night last week, but I woke up groggy and disoriented. I’d rather haveinsomnia than load up on drugs.

我上周有天晚上吃了些,但我醒来时昏昏沉沉的且晕头转向。我宁愿失眠也不愿意吃药。

Luis: Have you tried waking him up when he snores or talks in his sleep?

当他打鼾或在他的睡眠说梦话时,你试图唤醒他了吗?

Stevie: I tried that one night, but he just ended up sleepwalking!

有天晚上我试了下,但他最后起来梦游!

Luis: Geez, what are you going to do?

吉兹,你打算怎么办?

Stevie: I wish I knew.

我希望我知道。

Luis: It’s a little early in your marriage for separate bedrooms, but I wouldn’t rule it out.

刚结婚就有独立的卧室为时尚早,但我不排除这种可能性。

Stevie: I’ll keep it in mind. If I don’t get a good night’s sleep soon, separate bedrooms will be the least of our problems!

我会记住的。如果我不能短期内晚上睡得好,我会找间独立的卧室来解决问题!

newlywed n. 新婚的人 fall asleep 睡觉 talk in his sleep 说梦话 make a beeline 取捷径, 走直路 insomnia n. 不眠症 load up on v.大量摄入 rule it out 排除可能性 keep in mind 记住