地道美语:下榻廉价旅店

2019-11-13 20:26:16

  Suzanna: Remind me why we’re staying in this fleabag motel in the seedy part of town?
  苏珊娜:能提醒我一下为什么我们要呆在这个小镇这么脏的地方吗?呆在这么肮脏不堪的旅馆里吗?

  Kenji: We agreed that we would skimp on the accommodations so we could spend more money on activities and eating out. Remember?

  健二:我们一致同意在住宿方面少花些钱,这样就能在活动和出去吃饭上多花点儿。还记得吗?

  Suzanna: I remember, but I didn’t bargain for someplace as run-down as this. Look at the peeling wallpaper and moldy bathroom.

  苏珊娜:我记得,可是我没料到这地方这么破啊。看看墙纸都剥落了,浴室也发霉了。

  Kenji: It’s pretty bad, isn’t it? Look on the bright side. At least it’s not rat-infested.

  健二:太糟糕了,不是吗?你得看到事情好的一面。至少还没有老鼠肆虐。

  Suzanna: That’s small comfort. Well, I think I’ll take a short nap before we go out for dinner. Uh!

  苏珊娜:那还能让我稍稍欣慰一下。嗯,我想出去吃晚餐前,我得小睡一会儿。呃!

  Kenji: What’s the matter?

  健二:怎么了?

  Suzanna: This comforter is filthy. I doubt housekeeping has changed it in months!

  苏珊娜:这条盖被脏死了。我怀疑家政部门是不是几个月都没换了。

  Kenji: Let’s get out of here and go get a drink. That should cheer us up.

  健二:我们出去吧,出去喝一杯吧。那可能能让我们开心点儿。

  Suzanna: Good idea. If I have more than one, maybe I won’t care so much where we’re staying.

  苏珊娜:好主意。要是我不只有一条羊毛围巾,可能我就不会这么在意我们在哪儿呆着了。

  Kenji: Given the state of this room, we might need an entire pitcher!

  健二:照这间房这么个情况,我们可能需要满满一缸水!