暮光之城•暮色 第356期:第二十四章 僵局(2)

2019-11-05 12:42:30

"I need to call Charlie and my mom," I realized through the haze.
“我得打电话给查理和我妈妈。”我模模糊糊地意识到这一点。

"Alice called them. Renée is here well, here in the hospital. She's getting something to eat rightnow."

“爱丽丝打过电话了。蕾妮就在这里嗯,在这间医院里。她现在去吃点东西了。”

"She's here?" I tried to sit up, but the spinning in my head accelerated, and his hand pushed megently down onto the pillows.

“她在这里?”我试图坐起来,但我的脑子晕得更厉害了,他的手温柔地把我推回枕头上去。

"She'll be back soon," he promised. "And you need to stay still."

“她很快就会回来的,”他保证道。“而且你得一动不动得待在这里。”

"But what did you tell her?" I panicked. I had no interest in being soothed. My mom was here and Iwas recovering from a vampire attack. "Why did you tell her I'm here?"

“可你是怎么告诉她的?”我惊慌失措地说道。我对被安抚丝毫不感兴趣。我妈妈在这里,而我正从一次吸血鬼的袭击下康复过来。“为什么你要告诉她我在这里呢?”

"You fell down two flights of stairs and through a window." He paused. "You have to admit, it couldhappen."

“你从两截楼梯上掉了下来,撞破了窗子。”他顿了顿。“你得承认,这是有可能发生的。”

I sighed, and it hurt. I stared down at my body under the sheet, the huge lump that was my leg.

我叹了口气,这个动作让我隐隐作痛。我低下头,看着被单下的自己,那一团巨大的隆起是我的腿。

"How bad am I?" I asked.

“我的情况有多糟?”我问道。

"You have a broken leg, four broken ribs, some cracks in your skull, bruises covering every inch ofyour skin, and you've lost a lot of blood.

“你折断了一条腿,四根肋骨。你的头盖骨上有一些裂缝,你皮肤上每一英寸都伤痕累累。你还流了很多血。

They gave you a few transfusions. I didn't like it it made you smell all wrong for a while."

他们给你输了许多血。我不喜欢这样这让你有一阵子闻起来都很不对劲。”

"That must have been a nice change for you."

“这对你来说一定是个不错的变化。”

"No, I like how you smell."

“不,我喜欢你的味道。”

"How did you do it?" I asked quietly. He knew what I meant at once.

“你做了什么?”我安静地问道。他立刻明白了我的意思。

"I'm not sure." He looked away from my wondering eyes, lifting my gauze-wrapped hand from thebed and holding it gently in his,

“我不能肯定。”他看向别处,避开了我怀疑的眼睛。他从床上拿起我裹着纱布的手,温柔地握在自己手里,

careful not to disrupt the wire connecting me to one of the monitors.

小心翼翼地避免扯断那根把我连到其中一台监视器上的电线。

I waited patiently for the rest.

我耐心地等着他没说完的话。

He sighed without returning my gaze. "It was impossible… to stop," he whispered. "Impossible.But I did." He looked up finally, with half a smile. "I must love you."

他叹了口气,依然拒绝对上我的目光。“我根本没办法……停下来。”他低声说道。“根本不可能。但我做到了。”他最终抬起头,几乎微笑起来。“我一定很爱你。”

through the haze

在迷雾中

The foothills were looming ahead through the haze.丘陵地带透过薄雾朦胧地出现在眼前。

I couldn't see her through the haze of smoke.在烟雾弥漫中, 我看不见她。

The mountain was barely visible through the haze.透过薄雾,该山仅隐约可见。

spinning in my head

在我的脑海里盘旋

Let's go for a spin in my new car.坐我的新汽车兜一圈吧。

I have invited them to go for a spin in my new car this Sunday.我邀请他们星期天坐我的新车去兜风。

The doctor put three stitches in my head.医生在我头上缝了三针。

down onto the pillows

躺在枕头上

Smashedthe hammer down onto the box.她用锤子猛击箱子。

The glass in his hand spilt down onto the floor.他手里的杯子跌落到了地板上。

A tear plopped down onto the page she was reading.一滴眼泪啪哒一声落在她正在读的书页上。

being soothed

被安抚

The pain can be soothed away with massage.这种疼痛可以通过按摩来解除。

Muscular aches and pains can be soothed by a relaxing massage.做放松按摩可以减轻肌肉疼痛。

Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.被安慰在艺术家 的爱恋手之下。

He knew what I meant at once.

他立刻明白了我的意思。

returning my gaze

对上我的目光