地道美语:乘着轻轨去旅行

2019-11-22 14:46:58

  Jean: Look out!
  简:小心!

  Gordon: Don’t worry. That’s just a light rail train. The new light rail system shares the road with street traffic.

  戈登:别担心。只不过是一列轻轨火车。新型轻轨火车和街道交通共用道路。

  Jean: Phew! For a second there I thought we were going to collide with it.

  简:唷!过一会儿,我想我们还会遇上它。

  Gordon: Didn’t you see the operator seated at the front of the train? She watches out for other drivers.

  戈登:你没看见坐在火车前面的操作员吗?她得留心别的司机。

  Jean: I didn’t know they have operators. I thought they were automatic.

  简:我不知道火车上还有操作员。我还以为是自动的呢。

  Gordon: No, they’re not like some forms of rapid transit.

  戈登:不是,他们和别的高速交通不一样。

  Jean: I see now that they ride on tracks and are powered by overhead electric lines.

  简:我看到火车之所以能在路上飞驰,是因为是有电子架空线路给他们充电。

  Gordon: That’s right.

  戈登:是的。

  Jean: I’d like to give light rail a try.

  简:我想试试乘坐轻轨火车。

  Gordon: Really? Well, there’s no time like the present. I’ll take you to the nearest stop. There’s the platform over there.

  戈登:真的吗?好,择日不如撞日,就现在吧。我带你去最近的一站。那儿就有一个站台。

  Jean: But I thought you agreed to give me a ride into the city.

  简:可是我还以为你要送我去城里呢。

  Gordon: And deprive you of a new travel experience? Never!

  戈登:那不就剥夺了你的全新旅游体验的机会了吗?才不!