地道美语:抱怨天气寒冷

2019-08-17 09:04:26

  Boris: Come on, keep climbing! This is the best exercise you’ll get all winter.
  鲍里斯:加把劲,继续爬!这是这一冬最好的锻炼了。

  Kay: My face hurts and I can’t stop shivering.

  凯:我的脸疼,还止不住颤抖。

  Boris: If we pick up the pace, you’ll warm up.

  鲍里斯:我们要是能加快脚步,你就暖和过来了。

  Kay: I doubt it. I can feel my core body temperature dipping. I feel hypothermia coming on.

  凯:不一定。我能感觉到身体的整体温度在下降。不一会儿体温就会过低了。

  Boris: Don’t be silly. You’re dressed in layers, with fabric that wicks moisture away from your skin and insulates your body from the cold. The worst you’re going to get are dry skin and cracked lips.

  鲍里斯:别傻了。看你穿的一层一层的衣服,都把你皮肤里的水分都带走,防寒。最坏的情况就是,你待会儿也就会皮肤发干,嘴唇干裂。

  Kay: Then why do I feel pins and needles in my hands and numbness in my feet?

  凯:可为什么我会有手刺痛的感觉,脚还发麻?

  Boris: Maybe you’re just getting used to the cold. You’ll feel warmer in a minute.

  鲍里斯:可能是在适应寒冷的天气把。一会儿你就暖和了。

  Kay: But what if they’re signs of frostbite? I think I’ll turn back before I freeze.

  凯:这要是冻疮的迹象呢?我想我还是在冻僵之前回去吧。

  Boris: And miss out on these awe-inspiring winter views?

  鲍里斯:就不看这令人惊叹的冬日美景了吗?

  Kay: I prefer the awe- inspiring views of a blazing fire!

  凯:我更想看到令人惊叹的熊熊燃烧的火焰。