地道美语:读讣告

2019-11-27 07:46:07

Ivy: This is so sad!

艾维:这消息太让你难过了!

Stephan: What is?

史蒂芬:什么消息?

Ivy: I’m reading the obituary for one of my favorite actors as a child, Mr. McBoo. He had quite a life.

艾维:我正在读我孩童时最喜欢的一个演员McBoo的讣告。他的一生不平凡。

Stephan: Oh, yeah?

史蒂芬:哦,是吗?

Ivy: Yeah, and this article has really done him justice. It’s a nice tribute to a man who touched so many lives. It says here that he’s survived by his wife and five children.

艾维:是的,这篇文章对他进行了真实的评价。这是对曾经触动过那么多人的演员的很好的悼念方式。文章中说他去世后留下妻子和五个孩子。

Stephan: Did he live to a ripe old age?

史蒂芬:他活到高龄?

Ivy: He was 97 when he died. There’ll be a memorial service and funeral for him this Saturday. I think I’ll send some flowers.

艾维:他去世时享年97岁。这周六会举行相关的纪念活动和他的葬礼。我想我会去送花。

Stephan: Really? You didn’t know him personally, did you?

史蒂芬:真的?你本人并没有见过他,是吧?

Ivy: No, but it would be nice to be part of the funeral, in some small way. I wonder who’ll be giving the eulogies. I’m sure it’ll be somebody important.

艾维:没有,但是能参加他的葬礼也不错。我想知道谁读悼文。肯定是某位重要的人物。

Stephan: If you say so. I’ve never heard of him. Was he on a children’s show, or something?

史蒂芬:这么说的话,我还从没有听说过他呢。他主持少儿节目,还是其他的节目?

Ivy: You’ve never heard of Mr. McBoo?! Were you raised in a cave?

艾维:你从未听说过McBoo先生? 你是在山洞里长大的?

Stephan: Not quite. We didn’t have a TV in the home when I was growing up.

史蒂芬:不完全是,我小时候,家里并没有电视。

Ivy: Oh, you poor, poor man. You’ve been deprived of Mr. McBoo all your life. Don’t worry. I’ll fix that. I have all of his shows, so we can have a viewing marathon this weekend.

艾维:啊,可怜的人呀!你的生活中竟然没有接触过McBoo先生。不过不用担心,我会给你补上这一课的。我有他所有的节目表演,这周末我们可以尽情观看。

Stephan: Lucky me.

史蒂芬:我真有幸。