地道美语:选衣服

2019-11-24 21:07:48

Ellen: What are you wearing to the party?
你穿什么去参加晚会?

Hiro: Your guess is as good as mine.

你的猜测是和我一样好。

Ellen: Let’s look through your closet and I’ll help youpick something out.

让我们来看看你的衣柜里有什么,我会帮你挑衣服。

Hiro: Okay, but I have to warn you. I have a pretty limited wardrobe.

好吧,但我要提醒你。我的衣柜相当有限。

Ellen: Let’s see, these black pants are nice, but they’re frayed on the bottom. How about thesejeans?

让我们来看看,这些黑色的裤子都很漂亮,但他们在底部都磨破了。这些牛仔裤怎么样?

Hiro: You don’t think they’re too faded? There’s also a rip in the back.

你不觉得牛仔裤太褪色太厉害了吗?后面有个地方破了。

Ellen: No, I guess those jeans won’t work. I like this shirt, though.

不,我想这些牛仔裤不行,但我喜欢这件衬衫。

Hiro: Did you see the stain on the front? The zipper is also stuck, I think.

你有没有看到前面的污点吗?我认为拉链也被卡住了。

Ellen: How about shoes? Do you have any shoes that are presentable?

鞋如何?你有什么像样的鞋吗?

Hiro: Well, I always wear these, but they’re scuffed on the top and the sole is pretty worn.

嗯,我总是穿这些,但鞋前部磨损了,鞋底也坏了。

Ellen: Okay, desperate times call for desperate measures. Come on!

好吧,但非常时期必须采取非常措施。来吧!

Hiro: Where are we going?

我们去哪儿?

Ellen: We’re going to a magical place with brand spanking new clothes and where everything isflawless.

我们要去一个神奇的地方,那里有许多崭新的品牌衣服,一切都无可挑剔。

Hiro: Where’s that?

在哪里?

Ellen: The mall!

商场!